UK Innovation & Science Seed Fund Backs Pireta
A Smart Textiles Technology Developed at the National Physical Laboratory UK Innovation & Science...read more
The Fund’s investment criteria which must be met for us to invest are:
1. Projects and companies arise from world-class research carried out in our partner laboratories across the UK, including those at Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (STFC), Babraham Institute (BBSRC) and Porton Down (Dstl).
2. Companies are based at our partners’ national science and innovation campuses in Harwell Oxford, Babraham Cambridge, Daresbury Warrington Norwich, Rothamsted, NOC Southampton, or at one of the Centres for Agricultural innovation.
3. UK Companies working in the field of synthetic biology: Synthetic biology is the design and engineering of biologically-based parts, novel devices and systems and the redesign of existing, natural biological systems.
4. Members of the Fund, who must be working with one of our partner laboratories.
5. Companies working with a Catapult centre under a competitively awarded funded programme or based on intellectual property licensed from a Catapult centre.